Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stained Glass in Baltimore

Hi!

This is my newest web venture. Blogging about creating stained glass transoms and windows in beautiful Baltimore, Maryland! I'm taking some advice from my friend and fellow glass artist, Joe Cardamone of Glass Fusion Studios of Vermont. Joe keeps tellig me, "you need to blog about what you do". So here goes.


I've been a stained glass artist for more than 10 years now. My primary work is the design and creation of custom windows for homes in Baltimore, MD and surrounding areas. There are many row homes, especially in Baltimore city, that had stained glass transoms above the front doors that featured the house numbers. Over the years many of these windows were removed or damaged. They fell out of fashion in the 70's. Go figure. Well now that there are many new people moving into Baltimore city, and renovating these older row homes comes the demand for new transoms or repairs of damaged transoms. I do both and this has become the bulk of my work.

Don't get me wrong, I don't just do transoms. I can design and build any type of window you may need. And for you fellow glass artists out there I do design and can have your pattern printed full size if you need!

Check out my website to see lots of past projects. I will be adding some new ones soon.
www.patternsinglass.com

I plan to add some pictures here to show projects that I have been working on in progressive stages just to give you an iea of how this works.

Stay cool, it's hot out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment